1. Identify strategies for assessing the effectiveness of the general education core and the core curriculum.
2. Design and implement an assessment program for the General Education Core and the Core Curriculum.
3. Assess the effectiveness of the General Education core and the Core Curriculum in achieving student learning outcomes.
4. Review general education and core curriculum courses to ensure compliance with effectiveness measures.
5. Serve as a resource to Department Chairs in conducting on-going assessments of courses and programs.
6. Regularly analyze assessment results and report to the college community.
7. Make recommendations regarding how assessment results can be used to improve the curriculum.
8. Provide annual reports to the Curriculum and Programs Committee and make recommendations on the effectiveness of courses in meeting general learning outcomes, and student transfer needs.
Forwarded to the Academic and Campus Affairs Council