Business Training. From business planning to financial management to marketing, Continuing Education offers programs designed to help businesses survive, grow, and prosper.
Career Development. ACC offers a wide array of courses designed to help individuals enter and advance in their chosen career fields.
Career advancement courses help individuals to enhance their professions and to meet the continuing education requirements of their professions.
Computer training courses provide practical, hands-on instruction for both new and experienced users. Courses range from computer fundamentals to web authoring, from software programming to AutoCAD training. Austin Community College has earned the designation as a Premier AutoCAD Training Center.
Job Entry Preparation courses prepare individuals for entry into occupations and to create interest in pursuing new careers.
The Health Professions Institute is designed to meet the continuing education requirements for the professional who is already employed in the health care system. Opportunities are also available for entry level training for those individuals who are seeking entry into the healthcare workforce.
Community Programs. ACC offers the Senior Academy, Zig Ziglar training, the Austin Quality Institute, Personal Enrichment, and the State Theater School of Activity.
Personal Development. Continuing Education offers avocational courses to enhance personal development, promote enrichment, improve health, and provide opportunities to enjoy new experiences.
Small Business Development Center. This center offers start-up business counseling, loan application assistance, and seminars on topics related to successful business operations.
Customized Training Programs
Customized Training provides contract training, educational and related services to meet the needs of individual organizations, including business, industry, government, and professional associations. These programs address areas such as technical skills, management and supervision, employability skills, workplace literacy, English-as-a-second language, and other skills to improve job performance and productivity. Offered days, evenings, and weekends, these programs can be offered either on-site or at Austin Community College, for college credit or CEU credit. Customized Training also provides job profiling and assessment services (see WorkKeys Service Center and Highland Business Center, p. 51) that meet the needs of its clients.
Contracted programs are open and available to the client’s employees in accordance with the terms of the training agreement. On-site college credit courses may be open to the public or reserved for a client’s employees.
Registration for Continuing Education courses is on-going, continuing until a course is filled or until it begins.
· To register by mail, complete the Continuing Education registration coupon that is provided in the ACC Continuing Education Course Schedule. Mail the coupon to the Highland Business Center, along with a check, money order or credit card information for the full amount of the tuition and fees.
· To register in person, go to the Continuing Education Registration Office in ACC’s Highland Business Center or the Downtown Center. Hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MasterCard, VISA, and Discover Card are accepted.
Refund of Tuition and Fees,
The ACC Continuing Education refund policy is: 100% prior to the weekday before the first class day. 100% if class is canceled by ACC. After classes begin see the table below.
Class Length Last
day Last Day
2 or fewer 2 N/A
3 3 4
4 4 5
5 5 6
6 5 7
7 7 9
8 8 10
9 9 11
10 9 12
11 10 14
12 12 15
13 13 16
14 13 17
15 14 19
16 or more 15 20
• ACC mails refund checks to the address on file at the college. Check with continuing education registration staff to verify current and accurate information.
• Credit card refunds will appear on your monthly statement as soon as possible after the official reporting date. You are responsible for interest charged to the credit card account while the refund is processed.
• ACC charges a $25 processing fee for any refunds that are reissued.
Drops and Transfers/Continuing Education
In order to drop a course and receive a refund, students must adhere to the guidelines identified in the refund policy. To transfer from one course to another,