the student must apply in person or by telephone, meeting the same deadlines listed under “Refunds.” The transfer option is limited and additional transfers are at the sole option of the college. Students may not transfer from a Continuing Education course to a college credit course or vice versa.
Textbooks and Supplies/Continuing Education
Some courses require textbooks, which can be purchased at the ACC Bookstores. Other courses may require special supplies. Generally, such requirements are announced at the first class meeting.
Highland Business Center &
Austin Community College’s Highland Business Center and the new Downtown Center are designed to serve business, industry, government, associations, other educational organizations, and the general public. Both facilities provide multipurpose training and meeting rooms, computer labs, electronic labs, health care labs, and two-way interactive classrooms, all with teleconferencing capabilities.
In order to be considered for admissions to ACC, international students must submit the following:
1. A completed ACC application
2. An official high school or college transcript
3. An official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score (minimum 500). The TOEFL requirement is waived only for International Students who are graduates of high schools located in the United States
4. A current statement of financial support
5. A current passport-size photograph
6. A completed Biographical Data Form
7. A completed Transfer Candidate Evaluation Form (only for students transferring from one U.S. institution to another)
8. $100.00 nonrefundable application fee (F-1 Visa)
After these documents have been received by the International Student Office, they will be evaluated. Once acceptance is granted, Form I-20 A-B is issued. For I-20 A-B is required for obtaining a student visa from the student’s home country or for properly transferring from one U.S. institution to another as required by INS regulations. All students must present their passport, I-94, and I-20 ID before registering for classes. Summer school is optional for F-1 students and they may attend full or part-time.
In order to be considered for admission to ACC as part-time students, international students must submit the following:
1. Completed ACC Application and a $100.00 nonrefundable application fee,
2. An official transcript from the school of primary enrollment,
3. A letter from the International Student Adviser of the current school indicating the student’s enrollment status and approval for part-time enrollment at ACC,
4. A current passport-size photograph,
5. A completed Biographical Data Form,
6. An Austin Community College Application,
7. TASP Verification,
8. An official TOEFL score of 500.
After these documents have been received by the International Student Office, they will be evaluated and acceptance will be determined. Acceptance is granted for one semester only no I-20 A-B is issued. Summer is optional for F-1 students and they may attend full or part-time.